St. Nicholas Church
The Greek Orthodox church of St. Nicholas was built in 1780.
It is traditionally a dedication to St. Nicholas, who was deemed as the protectice saint of the Greek fishermen diving for collecting sponges, and cruising in the stormy seas.
In the course of time, the building was almost completely destroyed, and then was restored to be used as a public education center in the last 40 years.
Currently the building is being restored again, to be used as a church with its original outlook.